When you’re just starting out in internet marketing, you don’t really think about having a system that will communicate with your leads automatically. You are thinking about how to get your leads and probably even focusing on some one-on-one attention with them all.
But as you go on, your list builds and you realize that you can’t keep up with all of them, you then know that choosing one of the many email autoresponders is a necessity. Autoresponders are also referred to as “email responder”, “mailbox”, or “Autobot”.
But they all do basically the same thing. They allow you to obtain and communicate with your potential customers and customers on a regular basis.
Email autoresponders allow you to send information to a large mass of recipients at the pre-scheduled intervals that you decide on. Their common key features allow you to:
1. Get automatic insertion of leads into your database once the opt-in form has been filled out. The forms that you create can be customized according to the type of information you want from your customers. Keep in mind that the less information you ask from them, the more likely they are to fill out the form.
The form graphics themselves can be customized on some autoresponders so you can change the color of the outline or even the text on the SUBMIT button. Once your form is created and placed on your web content, when someone fills it out, they will automatically be placed in the list that you have specified when creating your form.
So, if this form is destined for your “business clients”, then, once someone fills out the form, he/she will be automatically be placed in that group of contacts.
2. Automatically deliver information at the times you have programmed. Once you have obtained your lead, they will be connected to the email series that you have programmed them to receive.
As soon as this person has opted into your form, he/she will automatically receive a Welcome email from you which you have already created. In the case of double opt-in email autoresponders, you will first send the opt-in a “permission confirmation” email which asks them to verify that they are indeed asking you for information.
3. Record your exchange of communication. Each contact will have a record that indicates the emails that were sent to and from this person.
4. Have the ability to instantly create and send your “blast” messages to the recipients of choice. If something comes up that you feel is important to your subscribers and it is not in the programmed messages, you can still let them all know about it at the same time.
This is called a blast email. You can write it once and “blast” it to your whole list.
4. Create many specific lists and organize leads. Autoresponders also can be extremely useful with the administrative functions as they are very organized. You can formulate multiple lists to maintain a record of leads and even organize data according to last message number, country, e-mail, status, and etc. just by clicking a button.
Email autoresponders are the tools that you can’t afford to not have to succeed in internet marketing.